Zesty, refreshing & deliciously complex, the Blood Orange Madre Rita is the ultimate cultured feel-good aperitif.
An adaptation of our classic Madre Rita, we love this zesty, complex cocktail. Supported by a mellow tequila backbone, the subtle, tangy bitter notes of our Blood Orange Bitters kefir water are given space to breathe.
In this recipe, a generous squeeze of fresh blood orange juice suffuses the glass with a rich, sumptuous red. We recommend making your own simple syrup and serving the cocktails in delicate, thin-rimmed glasses topped full of ice.
Blood Orange Bitters, designed in collaboration with Camille Vidal, is the ideal mixer for mindful drinkers. Garnished with a succulent wedge of blood orange and a sprig of rosemary, bittersweet herbal notes merge with the refreshing effervescence of the kefir water to create the ultimate feel-good aperitif.
What you’ll need (per glass):
- 25ml tequila
- 25ml freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- Dash of simple syrup
- Agua de Madre Blood Orange Bitters kefir water
- To serve: blood orange wedge & sprigs of rosemary.
Here’s how you do it:
- Fill your glasses with ice and add a shot of tequila
- Cover with blood orange juice
- Add a dash of homemade simple syrup
- Top up with Blood Orange Bitters kefir water
- Garnish with a wedge of blood orange & a sprig of rosemary.