Bruno Breillet kicked off our series of chefs residencies with a bang last week, bringing his famous Paella to London with mmmmms all round.
Paella may have been the star of the show but Bruno’s slaw recipe really captured our imagination. Making use of our kefir water and culture shots, it’s tangy, fermented and sharp (and pretty simple to boot). Check it out below.
What you’ll need:
- 1 medium round cabbage
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 2 Agua de Madre ginger and turmeric shots
- 1 bottle Agua de Madre kefir (pick your favourite flavour)
- 100g sugar
- 30g salt
Here’s how you do it:
- Thinly slice cabbage and fennel
- In a bowl, thoroughly mix with salt and sugar and cover the bowl with cling film.
- After six hours, rinse and dry the cabbage and fennel
- Steep the sliced veg in kefir water (for an extra flavour kick you can grate in some ginger and turmeric)
- Let this mixture sit at room temperature overnight
- Serve the next day once the sliced veg has fermented slightly (you can leave it longer though – in our opinion it’s even better on day three!)