We Madres love this quick, easy curry recipe. Although it takes no time to prepare, the Remedio Naturale base gives the dish a surprising depth and complexity. And of course it’s all vegan, too. This recipe makes enough for two- just double up the quantities if you're cooking for more people!
What you'll need:
- 1 tbsp of Remedio Naturale
- Splash of olive oil
- Two red onions, thinly sliced
- Crushed garlic (to taste)
- Fresh chilli
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1tsp garam masala
- 1tsp curry powder
- Salt, to taste
- 400g tin of tomatoes
- Squeeze of fresh lemon
- 400g tin of chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- Fresh spinach
- Cooked basmati (or brown) rice
- Fresh coriander
- Thinly sliced fresh chilli
- Chopped spring onions
Here’s how you do it:
- Fry the Remedio with the olive oil and sliced onions. Cook for about ten minutes, until softened.
- Add the crushed garlic and fresh chilli, along with the cumin, garam masala, curry powder and salt. Stir in and leave to cook for an extra two minutes.
- Add your tin of tomatoes and a squeeze of fresh lemon. Leave to simmer for about 20-30 minutes - the longer you leave it, the tastier it’ll be.
- Now add your chickpeas and wilt your spinach. Top curry with roughly chopped fresh coriander, thinly sliced fresh chilli, and chopped spring onions
- Serve with your fluffy cooked rice. We like to pair this dish with our delicious Pomegranate & Hibiscus water kefir on the side!
You can watch one of our Madres making it below: